Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Material Handler II to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Act as back-up to other material handlers as needed in different sections and safely and efficiently deliver materials as needed to various locations
- Record transactions consistent with established procedures as well as return materials back to stock. Maintain all documentation accordingly
- Unload trucks and check freight bills accordingly
- Maintain equipment in a safe manner, utilizing daily checklist
- Coordinate movement of material. Locate material when required by other material handlers, internal customers or supervisors
- Work with Materials Department to make them aware of issues
- Comply with all applicable ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 procedures. Possess a working knowledge of relevant ISO procedures and work instructions as well as Eaton Safety Process
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a material handler
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be able to individually lift 40 lbs. continuously throughout the shift
- Heavy fabricating experience, moving materials such as dies
- Internal applicants must have current supervisor approval prior to applying (in regards to counseling, corrective actions, etc.)
- Internal applicants must not have Corrective Actions within last 6 months
- Internal applicants must have Performance Rating of P3 or higher
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No