- Ownership of planning and team performance to year over year MCB VAVE PP goals (Haina / LP)
- Analyze, prioritize and drive implementation of sustaining product / process changes that address UL holds; in coordination with PLS teams and other factory teams. Primary measure to be reduction in # of holds and days label lost. Improvements a combination of design, manufacturing process control and supplier quality.
- Leadership in achieving favorable P&L impacts through engineering initiatives.
- Develop & maintain an active project deck that drives year or year VAVE performance (through deck building events)
- Manage & maintain MCB VAVE diagonal and alignment to MCB CODB with Finance
- Resource planning
- Capital planning and spend o plan for local MCB VAVE projects.
- Participate in development of divisional VAVE strategies
eadship in product feature / functional improvement that drive favorable
- P&L (VE)
- Electro-mechancial design experience; circuit breaker preferred
- Functional application of UL/CSA effecting MCB products (UL489, UL486, UL943, UL1699, etc.)
- Core understanding of materials and stamping, molding, welding processes
- Engage with cross-functional teams to drive favorable P&L (Ops / SCM / Marketing / Finance) through VA/VE, Sourcing, ELSS and mfg. Yield programs.
- Sustaining project engagement with associated global VAVE resources (ex. Pune)
- Effect active engagement with MCB PLS teams in Haina / LP (Cherrington as required)
- Drive team utilization of key DFSS tools (DVPR, CTQs, DpFMEAs, Capability analysis, etc)
- Maintain project schedules and with critical path reporting
- Leadership in enhancing Pro-Launch process and tool utilization throughout VAVE process
- Provide personal / professional development & growth opportunities to reporting VAVE resources
- Other functions as assigned.
QualificationsEducation: Mechanical, Electrical or Design Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
Other Skills: Courageous Leadership, Communication skills at all levels, Conflict Mgmt, Written/Presentation Skills, Results Oriented, Negotiation skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time