Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Material Handler on 1st Shift, starting at $15.30/hour depending on experience, to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha (Badger Drive), WI facility.
The Material Handler is responsible for the smooth, efficient flow of all raw material and fabricated material into, throughout, and out of Department 24. This includes the use of forklift, stand-up stacker, walk along, and 5-30 ton cranes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Deliver finished fabricated parts from machine area to the welding area, kitting area, 1Ph and 3Ph shipping docks, and fill out necessary paperwork.
- Stack work-in-process or component parts in storage racks.
- Dispose of department’s scrap stainless steel, copper, aluminum, and trash by delivering bins to the 1Ph shipping dock at the request of the unit supervisor.
- Use a 5 ton crane to unload bar stock and sheet from trucks and locate material with proper identification attached and turn receiving paperwork into office. If no blanking line operators are scheduled to work, the material handler will use the 30 ton crane to unload coil steel from trucks.
- Receive, locate, and issue “daily release” parts on a daily basis to assure proper inventory.
- Dispose of all scrap steel into dumpsters outside of building. When dumpsters are ready to be shipped, you will make out scrap tickets and notify dispatcher, by telephone, at the scrap salvage company which dumpster to pick up.
- Remove and insert die-sets for the HTC press.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at
Eaton? Below are a few of
the Outstanding benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is required from an accredited institution.
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No