Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team.
This position is based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
This position is for a technical role in the Engineering group, supporting existing products and depot facilitations in the Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division (FMC). The engineer will work directly with customers to establish depot facilities for hydraulic and electrical components. The engineer works with one or more Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to design, analyze, and implement depots including but not limited to test stands, tooling, repair manuals, and training. The engineer works with limited supervision, has strong technical skills, proactively seeks support form Chief Engineers or Subject Matter Experts, and can adapt and react quickly to internal and external customer demands.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Primary responsibility is to provide technical design, analysis, and guidance to establish depots for various existing components and has the decision-making authority for test rigs, associated test systems, test stand design, and documentation. Guides and makes applicable IPT technical decisions related to accomplishment of objectives.
- Lead and participate in efforts to solve problems with product design, inspection, manufacturing, and test encountered by suppliers, company operations personnel, and customers. Consults Chief Engineers and Subject Matter Experts for guidance appropriately.
- Plan, organize, control, and lead multiple simultaneous projects. Establish and oversee accomplishment of multiple project objectives.
- Serve as primary technical contact for multiple teams and liaison between Engineering and internal and external customers. Provides on-site technical support at customers and suppliers to achieve program milestones.
- Support targets and milestones for project budgets and schedules. Understands and supports development of detailed technical schedules to support program master schedules and milestones. Participate in resolving program change of scope issues with Project Engineering and Program Management.
- Creates and/or guides the creation of technical documents and publications, including Engineering drawings (following ASME Y14.5, ASME Y14.34 standards), test procedures, test reports, and design review material. Present product design and substantiating data and analysis, design findings and recommendations to customers and management.
- Ensure standardization of products and adherence to engineering processes across multiple projects. Supports continuous improvement by offering input to standard processes and procedures.
- Anticipate and resolve major program obstacles to maintain overall schedule objectives and to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with peers and managers to determine key goals, objectives, and corresponding metrics. Review and amend these actions as appropriate. Focus on the timely achievement of these goals and objectives.
- Interpretation of the engineering documents. Coordinate update of engineering documents.
- Leads and participates in cross-functional Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations.
- Provide engineering input and technical expertise and sound engineering judgment for failure investigations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of engineering design or project experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Los Angeles, CA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, or electromechanical products
- Experience in the Aerospace Industry
- Experience with technical writing and publications
- Prior experience with military programs
- Prior experience with Depot facilitation programs
- Prior experience with technical management and interaction with suppliers
- Prior experience with component testing
- Experience with Pro/Engineer
- Ability to apply Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) principles
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and material selection for engineering design
- Ability to perform basic structural and/or performance analysis.
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Design for Manufacturability (dfM), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), and Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) principles.
- Experience with working on cross-functional teams.
- Good technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel for up to 2-3 weeks at a time, up to and exceeding 25% of the time, depending on program demands
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time