Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Bethel, CT facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting all functions and acts as a liaison between design engineering and production. In this role, you will participate in new product development and cost out, configuration management, BOM’s, and MRP system structuring updates. You will support plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization. You will execute the organizational strategic plan consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Write new production routings for new products, establishing labor time standards for each operation. You will work on procedures to help integration of 3D printers into new product development and tool design.
- Develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with corporate accepted Lean manufacturing practices. You will perform root cause and failure analysis as required.
- Implement methods and practices to reduce variation. You will demonstrate ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies.
- Participate in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products. You will coordinate and facilitate the needs of Manufacturing Support Group, i.e., vibration, welding, machine shop.
- Act as technical liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer. You will compose Capital Appropriation Requests for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies.
- Manage multiple projects and deliver to schedules on time.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Bethel, CT to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Data application or software programming experience, preferred.
- Vibration system experience, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Understanding of problem solving methodologies to determine root cause and corrective action - i.e. Thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, etc.
- Understanding of engineering design and product reliability concepts.
- Knowledge of industry and customer-specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, AS9100 etc.).
- Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements (design/process interface).
- Ability to develop and make special tooling and test stands encompassing all disciplines, communications, purchasing and pricing methods.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time