Eaton's CDPA Division is currently seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join our team.
This position is based at our CJDPA Juarez Facility.
The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for order product design, New Product Development, design changes, cost reduction project, Continuous improvement, etc. This role will establish and maintain a positive environment relationship with employees and peers through the monitoring of values, ethics, and the philosophies of Eaton.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Engineering changes Implementation through the Engineering systems.
- Main liaison between the Juarez engineering department and sister plants or other departments.
- Coordinate Pilot runs that allow the implementation of new products.
- Coordinate maintenance of the Engineering systems and specifications of products manufactured in Juarez.
- Supervise Engineering technicians to implement Maintenance of line activities.
- Provide technical support to other departments such as Production, Customer Service, Production, Quality, Manufacturing, Accounting and Materials.
- Active participation in continues improvements programs and committees.
- Lead and coordinate new product development projects to introduce new products that differentiate Eaton from competitors and optimize cost.
- Participate in Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Contribute with ISO 14000/9000 Audits
- Know and comply the Policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH)."
- Provide Maintenance and follow-up to Order management systems and Product Lifecycle systems.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- English 90%.
- Project Management
- Electrical/ Electronic/Electro-Mechanical/ Mechatronic or equivalent Engineering
- MSOffice (Access, Excel, Word, Power Point, etc)
- AutoCad/Inventor/ Solid works / CATIA or similar 3D Modeling software
- Bill Of Materials Structure Knowledge
- Schematic and wiring diagram basic knowledge
- Engineering changes
- UL standards knowledge
- Design for Six Sigma, Green belt (desirable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time