Eaton’s Fuel Motion Control Systems Division is seeking an Instruments Standards Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Euclid facility.
The Instruments Standards Supervisor will be responsible for supporting instrument & gauge calibration for the Euclid aerospace plant. This position will oversee the gauge and tool cribs and instrument calibration maintaining equipment to support production.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Establish the direction, focus and motivation of union employees.
- Champion of safe work practices, leads ongoing safety training events
- Responsible for training of skilled positions to support on-going calibration needs. Review work performance
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Recommends measures to improve calibration methods, equipment, performance, and quality of products
- Enforce principals that will ensure a safe, clean workplace and conduct meetings that will instill and remind employees of the importance and consequences of a safe workplace
- Take appropriate disciplinary actions when needed according to standard procedures
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum 2 years of instrumentation or calibration experience
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the international Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be US persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a US Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50-mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or Electronic Technology preferred
- 3 years of instrumentation or calibration experience
- Prior experience supervising in a union environment
- Safety training/certifications
- Understanding of mechanical and electronic systems in relationship to equipment calibration
- Instrumentation experience consisting of pressures, flow, torque, etc.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time