Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position will be located at our Americus, GA facility..
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible Implement manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Drive continual improvements activities for the whole plant through the application of sound engineering decisions, new product development for new product line implementation, Lean Six Sigma enterprise philosophies, and project management applications. Develop and lead improvement projects to generate savings in the plant to further the annual TWE goal of $2.2 million.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Be responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process
- Monitor, improve and maintain processes, layouts, and part prints.
- Participate in the manufacturing service budgets to acceptable performance levels.
- Maintain communication with divisional departments.
- Coordinate various capital projects and new product release.
- Maintain a constant search for identifiable and measurable cost reductions through scrap analysis and technology applications.
- Develop and implement programs/projects that support the business plan of plant management.
- Manage the implementation of flexible lean/best practices and systems that support production operations.
- Plan and coordinate the design, specification and acquisition of production tooling and equipment.
- Participate in capital planning, investigate equipment alternatives, prepare appropriation justifications, implement equipment, and evaluate results.
- Provide continuous support to employee involvement teams.
- Identify corrective actions and target opportunities for improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineered discipline from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- SAP knowledge
- Quality experience: PPAP, APQP, MSA, PFMEA, DFMEA, LPA
- Internal auditing experience
- Ability to read BOM’s
- Strong program/project management skills
- Highly proficient in statistical analysis and problem-solving methods
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time