We are seeking an intern to support our Tax department in our Beachwood, Ohio office for Summer 2020.
The Tax Internship is a 12-14 week program designed for a student that has completed their junior year during the summer before their senior year of college. The position is within the Tax Department and is designed to provide exposure to one or more of the specialty areas within the tax function, which may include U.S. Federal Tax, State and Local Tax, International Tax, or Transfer Pricing. The role will include various assignments within one or more of these areas, providing valuable insights and on-the-job experience for students interested in a career within Tax.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as a Tax Intern you will:
- Assist with the preparation of federal, state, or international tax compliance.
- Prepare tax calculations and analysis to assist with the preparation of the quarterly tax provision.
- Perform research and analysis to determine the tax implications of transactions or legislation.
- Gather information and supporting documentation to assist with the analysis and defense of tax audits.
- Participate in various planning meetings, working sessions, and cross-functional team meetings to develop and implement restructuring plans or other business transactions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 12 credit hours in Accounting coursework by graduation
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Must be located within 50 miles of the Beachwood, OH location.
- Strong skills in Excel are necessary
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Fast learner and strong desire to achieve results
- An interest in a tax career and some introductory tax coursework
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time