Eaton in Fontana, CA has an opening for an Engineering Technician on 1st shift.
Executes engineering, technical, testing and administrative functions in support of the Satellite facility goals of high quality custom-manufactured electrical distribution and control products.
In this position you will:
- Provide technical and administrative support to both the engineering and production operations within the satellite facility.
- Update manufacturing information (technical drawings, manufacturing instructions, customer resources) with the latest changes per Eaton guidelines.
- Serve as a resource to and provide technical support to production team on order-specific job criteria relating to design or wiring questions.
- Act as the local technical expert on wiring in Eaton products – provide manufacturing team with accurate drawings and guidance for complex wiring schemes, advise customers and sales on potential wiring solutions, provide technical guidance to production team on wiring and testing standards.
- Serve as point of contact with customers on complex technical and engineering questions / solutions.
- Prepare schematics and wiring diagrams for SWB/PNL/MCC products using ACAD and upload as required using POM.
- Create custom wiring diagrams and connection drawings for customer specific orders.
- Troubleshoot and/or modify customer drawings for released product.
- Maintain awareness of new product designs
- Maintain awareness of new/updated NEC/NEMA/UL code requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) from an accredited institution
- Relocation is not provided for this position. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the Aurora, CO location. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Supply Chain Systems (AS400 / MAPICS)
- Associates Degree in engineering technology or engineering field.
- 1-2 years of experience in engineering / configuring electrical equipment
- 1-2 years of experience in supply chain management / inventory control
- Strong product knowledge of Panelboards/Switchboards
- Strong LEAN Manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Mapics)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No