Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions, Electrical Sector- Americas has an opening for a Systems Application Engineer. The System Application Engineer will be located in Plymouth, Minnesota.
The Energy Automation Solutions division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability solutions that includes self-healing grid, communicating sensors, substation automation, system planning, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency in support of grid modernization. The EAS business primarily serves global utility customers and, in some markets, commercial industrial, and renewable energy markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, and its market recognized Yukon and CYME Software Platforms. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources
The System Application Engineer will oversee all technical aspects of the installation of new Grid Automation products and systems at our customer facilities. In addition, the Systems Application Engineer is responsible for managing the expectations of any additional personnel assigned to their project team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Implement systems and resolve problems to achieve project milestones on time.
- Initiate and lead cross-functional efforts to resolve customer issues.
- Update customer material forecasts for assigned projects.
- Investigate and resolve significant customer issues involving existing systems, products, and facilities in support of customer service performance metrics.
- Assist the customer in making decisions to properly and creatively utilize features to meet the customer’s needs.
- Interact directly with the customer to interpret and analyze business requirements to identify risks and design appropriate solutions.
- Gain in-depth technical knowledge of features, capabilities, and limitations of all products and system.
- Use this knowledge to independently make decisions on issue resolution with customers.
- Provide continuous improvement of processes by testing hardware and software.
- Provide guidance for business decisions from a technical perspective.
- Provide guidance and instructions to newer members of team.
- Participate in trade shows and technical conferences.
- Complete special assignments as assigned by management.
- Participate in support rotation as required by manager.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science) from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in technical role within electrical industry.
- Must be fluent in French and English, possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Relocation is not offered for this position and candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Plymouth, MN.
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Project management experience preferred such as PMP/PM certification.
- Experience interfacing with Power utility.
- Knowledge of communications networks.
- Experience with C, C++, MSSQL, Oracle.
- Experience with SCADA.
- Experience with Protocols: DNP, Modbus, 61850.
- Experience with Windows Server.
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time