Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems Division is currently seeking a District Operations Coordinator to join our team. This position is based at our Pleasanton, CA location.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems Division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Schedule and organize field service manpower for all customer jobs within the district.
Acknowledge all purchase orders, obtain proper insurance certificates and assure that terms and conditions are presented to customer.
Reconcile all purchase orders with the in-house negotiations to assure matching between promises and expectations.
Open orders on system to gather, track and reconcile costs associated with jobs.
Issue purchase orders via Oracle Purchasing System.
Maintain test equipment and arrange for calibration of equipment.
Accurately reconcile and invoice orders via Oracle Project Costing system.
Complete various office administration responsibilities as required.
Monitor overtime of the productive workforce and reconcile the overtime with the signed time slips from the customer or from the job cost inventory system.
Field emergency customer calls to gather critical information and pass it on to appropriate party for action.
Maintain, track, and control job costs to achieve the best ratio compared to the actual selling price.
Organize/obtain necessary materials and proper test equipment based on job requirements.
Keep sales engineers abreast of potential problems and opportunities with the customer, unless other terms have been negotiated.
Build positive relationships with customers and facilitate process to get customer issues resolved expeditiously.
Successfully interact with internal Eaton manufacturing plant personnel, legal, contracts, sales and suppliers to schedule and obtain necessary resources and information.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum of 1 year of scheduling and/ or financial experience
Experience in test plan assessments including certification to standards and regulatory testing.
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Pleasanton, CA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, finance or accounting from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years of scheduling and/ or financial experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with cost accounting and general business experience in a service organization
- Knowledge of power distribution, control products, or similar industrial or manufacturing or contractor/construction background as well as field service practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs
- Experience working directly with customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs
- Must be able to influence upwards and across teams/functions
- Handles pressures well.
- Knowledgeable in order entry and time entry software systems Must leverage resources and relationships within the division, other Eaton Electrical business units, and customers in order to achieve success
- Ability to develop and execute tactical and strategic plans to support the DOC’s goals.
- Ability to build positive relationships with customers and facilitate process to get customer issues resolved expeditiously
- Ability to successfully interact with internal Eaton manufacturing plant personnel and suppliers to schedule and obtain necessary resources
- Ability to understand profit and loss statements including margins, costing, sales, materials, labor, inventory, absorption
- Ability to complete all tasks with limited involvement and direction from DOC Manager
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time