The Vehicle Group in Galesburg, MI has an opening for a
Corporate Finance Co-Op. This position is part-time during the school semester
and full-time during the summer.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Finance Co-Op will be involved in challenging, engaging and current business processes at the Vehicle Group’s Global Headquarters in Galesburg, Michigan. This Corporate Accounting Co-Op experience will be a hands-on environment where you will have the opportunity to take on actual day-to-day responsibilities relating to accounting, reporting and compliance in a large global corporation. The co-op experience is further enhanced through social and professional networking opportunities which include interacting with senior management and collaborating with team members within the department and across other functions. We encourage students to question why we do things the way we do, provide fresh ideas, and improve processes. You will be part of the action and working from day 1.
• Corporate Accounting: Assist the accounting team by closing the books, analyzing spend, calculating accruals, investigating variances and preparing financial reports. Gain familiarity of the general ledger by performing account inquiries, posting journal entries and running a variety of system reports.
• Internal Controls & Compliance: Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations. Follow-up and investigate aged balances and help implement corrective actions. Assist the accounting team with capital and fixed asset management.
• Accounts Payable: Manage cash disbursement processes by helping setup suppliers, input check requests and oversee payment systems. Partner with Supply Chain and Corporate Shared Services to investigate and resolve payment issues, aged receipts and missing invoices. Assist the team investigate and resolve inter-company payment issues.
• Accounts Receivable: Analyze customer aging, deduction and top account past due reports to find root cause of issues that delay payments and cause deductions. Interface with internal and external customers to resolve any deduction related issues & improve process to prevent reoccurrence. Work collaboratively with Corporate AR team on cash application issues.
• Process Improvement: Research various accounting and process improvement topics and provide recommendations.
• Accounting Systems: Gain a working knowledge of both Oracle GL and the Oracle Manufacturing ERP systems. Develop Excel based analysis using pivot table reports and advanced formulas.
• Environment: Work in a collaborative team environment to drive improvements to financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
• Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Finance or Accounting.
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (please do not round).
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• Located within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI
• Previous co-op or internship experience in Finance or Accounting
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No