Eaton’s Corporate Sector is currently seeking a Lead Analyst of Financial Accounting and Reporting to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
This position performs professional accounting work involving reporting and analysis of global financial results to provide senior management with timely and accurate financial information that aids in decision-making. This includes analyzing and correcting financial data as submitted by all operations worldwide using various accounting systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Prepare reports and financial statements for senior management, board of directors, and external SEC filings
- Analyze global financial results to gain an understanding of the key business drivers. This includes accounting, reporting, analyzing and forecasting of corporate items such as goodwill and intangibles, basic and diluted shares and acquisition and divestiture costs
- Partner with various corporate and operational cross-functional teams for the purpose of supplying or explaining data, providing advice on accounting matters or driving process improvements
- Assist with audit requests from internal and external auditors and ensure effectiveness of controls and compliance with company policies
- Perform corporate ledger accounting and prepare journal entries and account reconciliations in addition to analyzing consolidated monthly forecasts and annual profit plan
- Participate in or lead special projects/process improvements to help drive efficiencies in the finance organization
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beachwood, OH will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance
- SAP, Oracle and/or HFM experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time