If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Analyst – IT (Atlassian Tools) in Eaton’s Enterprise IT, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Add business value by providing analysis, customization, upgrade, support, and documentation of Software Development Lifecycle tools in order to help develop efficiencies and continuous improvements in all aspects of release management processes and systems. Specifically, this position will provide support for all release management tools including, but not limited to, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crowd, etc. The incumbent will report directly to Manager-IT, Release Tools.
- Business Development: Designs and supports software release management tools.
- Project Management: Leads & executes assigned project tasks, often in parallel (as required). Have excellent knowledge of project management methodology. Consults with developers and management team to develop, define, and prioritize work.
- Requirements Definition: Translates business and customer needs into business and engineering requirements. Creates technical requirements based on knowledge of business process and recommends process changes and designs.
- Analysis, Design, and Construction: Evaluates and recommends best approaches to develop, architect, and deploy release management tools.
- Testing: Manages the creation and maintenance of test environments. Coordinates implementation plans for the total project, involving several I.T. groups and business process teams. Monitors and reports software release management tools usage statistics together with recommendations for improvements in usage and efficiency
- Production Support & Customer Service: Supports release management tool users with application issues and problems. Improves continuously on methods and processes for analyzing, developing, deploying, and auditing tools. Provides common reporting tools and solutions to help analyze effectiveness of release management tools.
- Creates, deploys, and documents Administrative tools to be used by the team to improve routine Admin and Support tasks. Create training documentation for release tools. Provides ongoing training for release tools.
- Management & Leadership: Leads and executes assigned projects/tasks and effectively communicates with business and engineering.
4-year college degree in Computer Science or a related field
5 - 8 years of experience required
Excellent problem-solving skills, Good Communication Skills, Strong teamwork & interpersonal skills
Technical& soft skills-Experience in implementation, patching, deployment & support of Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crowd
Resolve platform issues independently, quickly, and completely also communicate clearly to management, stakeholders and peers.
Knowledge of DevOps, SSL implementation for web-based platforms.
Experience in Agile methodologies, can coach on Scrum & Kanban processes.
Experience in automation of tools, should have good scripting skills in Python, bash
Perform root cause analysis of platform issues and take corrective actions
Perform application release and migration tasks
Working knowledge of DB and experience on performance tuning of queries is good to have
Working knowledge of UNIX and Windows environment is desired.
Knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) concepts preferred.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only