Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Senior Financial Statutory Accountant (BSC)
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
The primary function of this role is to make a wide range of accounting, analysis and forecasting activities for the Hungarian ledgers in the Budapest BSC.
The role provides financial leadership on statutory accounting/audits, corporation income tax and indirect tax accounting for the countries. The incumbent supports end to end process improvements and automatization projects, working with other process stakeholders to improve process efficiency, effectiveness and internal control.
This function will closely operate with various Corporate Departments (Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Legal, others), WHQ Global Financial Accounting teams, the International Shared Service Centers (ISSC), and Operating divisions in Country. Acts as a liaison with the Shared Service Center and the ledgers in the country to ensure possible migration of transaction activities to the ISSC.
Supports the Controller in ensuring all goals and targets associated with internal controls, internal auditing, external audit, statutory reporting and financial advice are met. Responsible for ensuring compliance with Corporate Policy and legal requirements; functions as an agent of change to improve systems and procedures. This position is responsible for successful liaison among internal audit, WHQ/EHQ accounting, treasury, tax, legal and operations on matters involving both U.S. reporting and the differing local statutory accounting and tax compliance requirements.
Your key deliverables :
- Ensure compliance with Eaton financial policies, USGAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Tax-advising support of Hungarian Eaton entities in cooperation with Eaton Tax COE and VAT COE Team
- Coordination and support during internal and statutory audits (including Tax Audits)
- Performs specialized analyses to support decisions, calculates and submits VAT return, Intrastat declaration, National Statistical reporting, MNB reporting and Environmental tax in a timely and accurate manner
- Supports Financial Statement preparation
- Meet company reporting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings - ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial results.
- Manage & improve financial controls & processes while mitigating issues.
- Provide metrics/reports to demonstrate effective process controls, manage multiple projects and process improvements.
- Ensure ethical standards are maintained in a manner that accrues maximum benefit to Eaton across all divisions.
- To co-ordinate and act as a consultant, in the provision of advice and technical assistance to World Headquarters, European shared service center and Treasury, on: central systems, technical accounting issues, VAT, fiscal matters, and compliance in accordance with fiscally acceptable criteria and risk management objectives
- To advise, guide and support the implementation to the Hungarian ledgers of uniformity of financial accounting systems; ensure that modifications in systems and procedures due to changes in legal, fiscal and corporate requirements are coordinated; maintain the integrity of legal entity and fiscal accounting while minimizing expense to effect such changes.
- Taxes: timely and accurate input for calculation of tax liability; conducting reconciliation between taxable income or loss and the net income or loss resulting from the statutory books; support external and internal tax audits including Tax Inspections; preparation and filing of the tax information as required by local tax law
- Assist the Controller where needed"
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on accounting – than please apply.
- Professional accounting qualification/university degree
- Registered Certified Accountant
- Tax advisory certificate is an advantage
- 4-6 years of financial experience
- Hungarian Tax advisory experience is a must
- Advanced PC / Technical Skills and Experience with Microsoft Office Products including MS Access, MS Excel and MS Outlook, also ERP preferably Oracle and SAP
- Experience in finance/ accounting / tax advisory and auditing
- Knowledge of US GAAP; exposure to Sarbanes Oxley and SAP - ORACLE
- Excellent knowledge of Hungarian statutory reporting requirements
- Experience of best practice implementation/end to end process improvement in accounting & reporting
- Able to work as part of a team, adhere to company standard processes, practices & policies
- Strong professional presence
- Experience in deploying strategic change and building organizational capability
- Effective communication skill is essential
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time