Eaton’s Airport Lighting Products Division is currently seeking a Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Windsor, CT location. No relocation is provided for this position.
The position of Planner is both exciting & very challenging. This position will support the Airport Lighting product lines and requires exceptional problem-solving skills & the ability to build efficient working relationships across functional groups; Quality, Production, Engineering, and various suppliers across all commodities. Under limited supervision, performs various planning functions that involves confirming production orders and creating production schedules for work centers to meet customer request dates. The assignment also includes procuring supplies and raw materials for the organization. Checks requisitions, contacts suppliers on initiation and follow up, processes change orders and revisions. Makes purchase at prices consistent with quality, quantity and delivery.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
· Review customer requirements, develop an appropriate weekly production schedule, and assist with the creation of the daily ship schedule that will meet 100% OTD for customer orders
· Maintain metrics for On-Time Delivery (OTD), Days on Hand (DOH), Premium Freight, and others as assigned.
· Provides the data inputs to our monthly shipment targets.
· Manage and respond to MRP requirements in a timely way, maximizing the supply base for delivery, cost and quality.
· Manage supplier performance using leading indicator metrics such as PPV, supplier OTD and quality.
· Lead supplier base reduction activities, cost reduction programs and lead time reduction initiatives to improve overall supply chain performance.
· Participate in material management Kaizen events.
· Responsible for resolving any supplier invoices within a timely manner.
· Initiates requisitions and follows up to ensure timely availability of parts for production to meet customer shipping dates.
· Revises and reschedules purchase orders as necessary to compensate for rush order priorities and material shortages.
· Manages material inventory level to meet or exceed annual inventory management objectives.
· Responsible for observing good business practices, protecting the interest of the company and for buying at the best possible price consistent with time, quality and quantity requirements complying with company policies and procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in supply chain management, purchasing, scheduling, planning or inventory management in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience working with SAP
· Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing in the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of Windsor, CT will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution.
· APICS CPIM, CSCM or CPM certification.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time