Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA location.
Eaton’s UX Design team is looking for a Senior UX Designer to work on a diverse portfolio of projects across the Electrical and Industrial Sector. The ideal candidate has an uncanny sense for clean design, is a fierce advocate for the user, and is committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from complex workflows. Experience with Design Thinking and the Internet of Things (IoT) is a plus.
Eaton’s Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions (CCIS) accelerates the creation of meaningful, connected experiences through the advancement of secure reusable platforms, processes, and services. We do this through our three Centers of Excellence (CoE): IoT, Embedded Systems, and User Centered Design. While each CoE has its own areas of focus and expertise, all share a passion for working creatively to solve challenging problems that bring real value to our customers. What this means is that we lead the way to create content, software and technology stacks that are used across the company to accelerate product development within each of our divisions. In doing so we are on the forefront of using the latest technologies, tools and methods. In CCIS you will find awesome developers, open source gurus, testers, UX designers, cloud architects, industrial designers, visual designers, DevOps engineers, agile experts, front-end and mobile developers, big data architects, design thinkers, and more. We are central to Eaton’s digital transformation and every contribution we make has a significant impact on the future of the company. Through our efforts we have established world-class software development and design capabilities that are built on a never-ending passion for innovation. We are change agents, always striving to improve, and excited to work at Eaton. We believe that you will be too.
“We are building a Human Centered Design practice from the inside out as we respond to the challenges and opportunities present in the Industrial IoT space.” -Senior UX Designer
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems, and inspire product teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Lead research and design on projects from inception through product release.
- Translate primary user-research and business plans into product concepts that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, and prototyping UX for digital products
- Conduct detailed design reviews, document issues, and coordinate resolution
- Own and execute across all project phases from early discovery and research through detailed visual design.
- Plan and facilitate Design Thinking workshops across a diverse group of businesses and product lines.
- Be responsible for and effectively advocate for users in a corporate climate, imparting day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Product Designer or Information Architect
- Must have an online portfolio of UX/UI work that can be accessed via link on resume or application
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Moon Township, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Masters in Human-Computer Interaction or related field from an accredited institution
- 5 or more years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, or Information Architect
- Experience and exposure to Design Thinking tools and methodologies.
- Experience creating designs for a wide variety of interfaces, from large dashboard displays to mobile devices
- Experience leading UX teams and strategy
- Project management/leadership experience on UX and/or front-end related projects
- 3 or more years’ experience with Agile development processes
- Ability to travel up to 25% internationally and domestically
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside the core UX team.
- Foster Eaton’s culture and principles, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Support co-workers and mentor junior staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impacts on the feasibility of design solutions
- The ability to grasp complex and sometimes diverse customer needs and distill them into clean, understandable solutions.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time