Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Program Manager PMO you will provide support via program management in defining and measuring project capabilities and processes so as to ensure structure and raise performance for selling and delivering large, complex, and strategic projects across EMEA. A key role will be to ensure that for selected strategic customers, Eaton understands and can comply to their requirements across multiple sites in a consistent way. This will require baselining reference sites and mapping capabilities and helping to identify gaps in new locations - then working with the wider team to help close these gaps. The role will also focus on overall project processes in Eaton for ETO and large projects and supporting improvements and the introduction of new methods and tools to improve our capabilities to sell and deliver projects that meet customer expectations. This will involve working effectively with a wide variety of Eaton sales and business unit divisions as well as strategic 3rd party suppliers.
As the Project Manager you will:
- Buildout processes with clear expectations on deliverables that can be used to used to baseline capabilities vs expectations for complex customers
- Work across large organizations to identify gaps and support learning so as to minimize differences between sites for large customers (e.g. Hyperscale Data Center customers) and support receiving sites to better deliver on projects
- Help develop and ensure tracking of KPIs for major projects to allow reporting to business leadership and early warning on potential issues / risks
- Support regular reporting of program and project data required by finance to ensure accurate forecasts, invoicing
- Developing business relationships with key customers based on competence, meeting commitments, quality of service, integrity and Eaton value
- Lead in customer contract negotiations as part of a team to secure business for Eaton
- Lead processes of identification, assessment, logging and mitigation of risk (commercial, technical, scope & timing) and management of that risk through the project delivery cycle
- Ensure tools, processes and communication across all internal stakeholders and suppliers for major projects is in place
- Lead continuous improvement across the Project Management function to optimize execution on programs of work and for discrete projects utilizing best cost resource where possible
- Assist the development of the overall strategy, direction, scope and structure of PMO as pertains to project selling and execution
Do you have?
- Technical University degree with a preference towards Electrical Engineering
- Project management experience. Formal project management certifications highly desirable
- Proven working in project management environment or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Construction, Design and Management (CDM)
Project Management of major capital equipment (ideally electrical) and experience in commercial construction and/or Data Centres
- Proven track record of achieving objectives and solving problems.
- Financial acumen.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal (influencing skills)
- Fluent English.
- Intercultural awareness
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time