If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer – Test Lab based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Perform installation of mechanical setups: sound knowledge of hydraulics components like Pump, Motor, Valves and their testing
- Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for Hydraulic test stand and complete test requests within acceptable time.
- Standardization of test procedures in test lab and adhere to ISO standards
- Implement Continuous Improvement processes (DMAIC / Lean) successfully in Lab. Improve productivity by standardization and continuous improvement
- Create SOP’s and processes / procedures for Individual test stands and implement in Lab
- Provide technical leadership to the test lab technician team and perform quality checks to ensure testing meets Eaton / Customer / International standards
- The essential function of this position will be understanding customer testing requirements and help set up work flow for technicians on test engineering activities for product validation
- Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments.
- Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
- Implement and monitor 8D (FRACAS) for the test lab.
- Analyzing mechanical assembly issues related to hydraulics components is most preferred.
- Troubleshooting elementary product and test rig issues, and performing data analysis required by the product group
- Understanding of data acquisition systems, hardware and software that are being used for testing
- Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his/ her peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
- Reading and Creating fixture drawings using Auto CAD / Pro Engineer
- Articulating and generating good technical reports based on test observations
- Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in prescribed time frame
- Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer
Graduate in Mechanical or Automotive engineering with 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience
Good working knowledge of Hydraulic components and systems
Experience in assembly and tear down of hydraulic systems
Safety & Quality Management Practices
Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time