Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The main task of the engineering manager ”Motor Control " is to lead the MC engineering team. This team is responsible for the full product lifecycle from the ideation till the product termination.These activities includes the communication and close collaboration with other Industrial Control & Protection Division (ICPD) and other Eaton entities globally distributed.
Your Key Deliverables:
- Managing of responsibilities within the assigned team of engineers, develop and continuously improve organizational capabilities of the team to follow technology advancement.
- Product Lifecycle accountability:
- Technology scouting, roadmapping and investigation for own product responsibility.
- Define technical feasibility of the product roadmap.
- Supporting specification and derive concept activities at NPI projects.
- Maintain existing portfolio (incl. budget planning and release management) including harvesting potential margin improvement opportunities.
- Plan and execute Waterline projects (eg: NPI, Technology, VAVE). Responsibility to balance allocation of resources across different activities.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement of processes and innovations.
- Utilize the Eaton PreLaunch, ProLaunch and EBS systems actively.
- Achieve the technical- and customer requirements as well as standards, legal requirements, other requirements and also the quality in close collaboration with the Quality-departments.
- Ensure engineering tasks e.g. requirement- and change-management including managing of FMEA- (Failure Mode and Effects and Criticality Analysis) and lesson learned measures. For guidance use: DFSS (Design for Six Sigma), SPICE (Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination)/ CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration).
- Lead engineering projects and work package approvals to meet financial goals and growth targets in close collaboration with engineering project managers and specialist engineers.
- Play an active part in special projects of ICPD-Eng, e.g. improvement projects.
- Act as a leader and role model by coaching and mentoring to ensure a robust pipeline of diverse talent to capitalize on opportunities.
- Drive results in the assigned team while creating and fostering a safe work environment and living the EBS.
- Demonstrate Eaton’s values and philosophy with every action and every decision in combination of recognizing the value of different perspectives and culture for the ICPD-Engineering organization.
- Master Degree in Electrical Engineering / Electronic / Mechatronic / / Systems Engineering / Embedded Software.
- Very strong experience in Electric/Electronic sector in the industrial field, IEC standards.
- Special know-how of mechanical design, electromechanical design, electronic design and software development.
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma.
- Experience in collaboration with distributed („virtual“) development teams at different international locations.
- Development of new products and improvement of existing products leveraging simulation and digital prototyping.
- Deep knowledge of ProLaunch and other EBS tools.
- Very strong leadership experience.
- Fluent English.
- Problem solving skills.
- Fluent in German is a plus.
Then we want to hear about you!
What we offer:
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible.
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time