Eaton’s Fluid Electrical Distribution division, a part of our Aerospace Sector is currently seeking a Design Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, RI facility.
The Design Engineer is responsible for the design, analysis, and development of new and/or existing production hardware products for Eaton Aerospace Fluid and Electrical Distribution Division, applications and testing. In this role, you will perform and manage multiple phases of product design, analysis, and development to final customer approval. Additional responsibilities include focus on analysis to support new product development and customer failure analysis. Projects typically include frequent customer technical communication covering design integration, technical proposal presentation, reverse engineering analysis, report writing, and the planning and managing of component testing. In addition, projects require close liaison with purchasing, quality and manufacturing operations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will lead development of new cost effective repair procedures for Eaton and non-Eaton products
You will provide guidance for the direction of the product line, Profit Plan, and technology development, working to become a Subject Matter Expert in the product line, product qualification, and engineering processes
You will develop and execute new regulatory approvals with various government regulatory agencies such as FAA/EASA/CAAC by seeking approval via a Consultant DER
You will communicate effectively internationally and at all organizational levels, supporting Marketing and Sales with technical presentations on the front end side. Demonstrates leadership behavior through successful consulting, auditing, coaching, and mentoring.
You will manage and execute the development of new repair design processes and equipment
You will evaluate and reverse engineer competitor products
You will proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance, consistent policy enforcement and good corporate citizenship
Ability to provide leadership, auditing, consulting and mentoring to technical staff (Senior Engineers, Engineers, Designers)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with Pro/E, CAD, Solidworks or similar modeling environment required.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 miles radius of Rumford, RI will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of Aerospace design experience
- Aircraft Engine mechanical systems design experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge in fluid mechanics
- MSME (Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering)
- Proficiency in Product Data Management systems for document control and workflow management (ENOVIA is a plus)
- Training or certification in Lean 6-sigma methods preferred
- Develop and release Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP’s), Qualification Test Plans (QTP’s), and support Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) conformity efforts, and manage all Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) activities with the customer during qualification test program.
- DFSS: FEA/FEM experience, testing, Green Belt, DOE Design of Experiments
- Ability to work in a lab and production environment requiring the use of safety equipment (safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection)
Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to demonstrate familiarity with Product Data Management (PDM) system for drawing and documentation control and workflow management.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time