Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Prepare lighting fixtures for multiple testing processes
- Build test samples from component parts and delivering the samples to multiple test groups
- Work closely with VAVE Engineering, Photometric Testing, Reliability Testing, Electrical Engineering, and UL Testing
- Play a critical role in ensuring Eaton delivers a high-quality product, using world class development processes, and rigorous validation testing in one of Eaton’s fastest growing business segments
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company "Cooper Lighting Solutions". This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with Cooper Lighting Solutions. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when Cooper Lighting Solutions becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when Cooper Lighting Solutions becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in Cooper Lighting Solutions' compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Cooper Lighting Solutions' plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Associates degree in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience preforming mechanical / electrical assembly operations
- Previous experience and knowledge to work safely with line voltage products
- Basic computer and office software understanding
- Knowledge of lighting products
- Familiarity with manufacturing methods & processes
- Basic understanding of thermal behaviors
- Basic understanding of electrical engineering principles
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No