Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking a CNC Design Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
The CNC Design Specialist will design and implement tool layouts for all NC-CNC Department Programs, prepare implement and optimize tapes for numerical control machines. This person will also assist in designing new tooling and/or special machinery which will provide for the economical production of Crouse-Hinds products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Redesign existing tooling, update tool drawings, and revise records, as required by changes in manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical service to all factory areas in the proper and efficient use of tooling and the solution of tooling problems.
- As directed by Supervisor, investigate and analyze manufacturing and machining problems by inspecting machine setups, tooling, casting, or other possible causes, and determine corrective action.
- Determine the most efficient method of machining, the proper speeds and feed for the material or materials to be cut, and any special tooling.
- Assist in designing all types of tooling, including jigs, fixtures, gauges, dies, cutting tools, special machines, machine accessories, machine attachments and/or other devices.
- Investigate quality problems, relative to machining and take corrective action on defective tooling and or improper manufacturing methods. Coordinate tool room and tool grinding services, as required to expedite corrective action.
- Provide technical assistance to solve manufacturing and machining problems, relative to the proper use of tooling. Conduct studies to evaluate tool efficiencies in high cost areas.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution required.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution required OR 10 years of Manufacturing/Programming experience.
- Minimum 1 year of AutoCad experience required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Syracuse, NY facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience working with SolidWorks.
- Working knowledge of numerical control processes.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, processes, machining, equipment and tool engineering.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-KL1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time