If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineering Manager based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Oversee complex technical projects from
concept, through specification development, implementation, test, and
production support for new product development efforts
• Oversee architecture and transition/migration of on-premise offerings to SaaS
• Work closely with project managers, business stakeholders, user experience designers, architects, and test to define application requirements.
• Develop project plans and allocate development resources for a commercial product development life cycle
• Work with geographically dispersed and cross functional teams to facilitate work across the business unit
• Adopt agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery principles to effectively deliver code in an automated fashion
• Establish workflows and controls for monitoring key metrics associated with application development and related system processing performance
• Mentor and coach to develop a high performing engineering team as a servant leader.
• Possess and instill a passion in our team for learning and continuous improvement
• Reduce tech debt and make improvements to existing systems
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering from reputed college.
Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical or Engineering
12+ years’ of prior management experience on varied software development projects, demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and people management
5+ years’ experience developing and proven experience leading teams in the delivery of mission critical, high business value products and services on time and with high quality
Highly organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, keep projects on schedule, and ability to address quickly changing business requirements
Working knowledge of networking protocols and concepts (e.g. WebSockets, HTTP, TCP, MQTT, AMQP)
Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies
Good People manager, good lister, understands the dynamics of team leadership. Exceptional communications skills, verbally and in writing, are required
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only