If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun. We are looking for Project Manager in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Mascot, NSW, Australia. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers the opportunity to:
- Ensure continued delivery of large Data Centre projects
- Utilize networks of contracts and develops creative solutions to differentiate Eaton’s product and technology
- Review project proposals or plan to determine timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Allocate resources and confer with project, service, operations, engineering, sales & finance staff to outline project schedule and assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority
- Ensure the company and project related Quality Assurance objectives are met.
- Establish and manage the project plan, milestones and deliverables in consultation with all stakeholders
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget including supply chain, warehouse, engineer, vendors, subcontractors, suppliers and field service personnel
- Provide the project sales forecast / estimation, manage the project expenses (T&E, timesheet, product, purchase orders)
- Complete the project invoice and revenue generation including supporting document required for customer submission
- Ensure all the activities of the project team comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards
- Prepare project status reports for management & customer’s and project related month end reporting for finance
- Gather information on the customer and the customer's requirements to creates additional business opportunities out of the ongoing project where possible
- Identify and assess all risk factors utilizing available risk measurement tools and identify and implement suitable mitigation activities, throughout project life cycle
- Assist in the continual development of the Eaton Project Management System
- Formal Project Management qualification (PMP or Prince) or > 3 yrs experience in project management
- A minimum of three (3) year-experience in the electrical industry dealing with low / medium voltage, and/or UPS Systems, Data Center Systems, and technical product sales
- Strong communication, (written and verbal), together with negotiation and analytical skills
- Demonstrate an ability to work with cross-functional team members and vendors/subcontractors to meet deadlines, be proficient in time management and the ability to prioritize work load
- Cool under pressure and have can-do attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills and understand the process and dynamics required for this to hold the team together in common purpose toward the right objective for success of project delivery
- Computer Literacy is essential, particularly with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Please note, your details/resume will not be sent anywhere without a formal interview and, if successful, your subsequent prior permission. Personal information provided will be used for recruitment purposes only and be treated in the strictest confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note: Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested by a recruitment team member.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: ANZD AustraliaNew Zealand Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No