Eaton’s Vehicle group is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our third shift team. This position is based at our Hastings, NE facility.
This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment at the facility. Work may be either scheduled or unplanned. It includes corrective, preventative, predictive and project maintenance work. Document work completed and communicate work progress and completion with Production as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic repair work on plant equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair machine malfunctions and mechanical problems
- Keep work area clean and free of hazards – 5-S program
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment
- Complete special projects as required
- Design and fabricates parts to improve machine operation
- Complete projects as directed (machine moves, modifications, installations, remodeling, work area, etc)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Hastings, NE will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Previous maintenance experience
- Associates degree in related field
- Demonstrated ability to perform mechanical and/or electrical repairs
- Proficient in pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of programmable logic controls
- Ability to lead small projects and drive to completion
- Willing to proactively take action on abnormal facility and equipment conditions
- Identify and take action on cost savings opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load based on plant needs
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization
- Knowledge of CNC Machines
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No