Eaton’s Electrical Sector (Power Distribution Control Assemblies) is currently seeking a Plant Manager to join our team. This position is based in our Omaha, NE location.
The primary function of this position is to manage and direct the activities of an engineer to order operation. This individual must plan, organize and direct the plant site functions to successfully meet both short and long-term business objectives. These include: management of Environment Safety, and Health, Quality Assurance, Operational Excellence, Continuous Improvement, Materials Planning, Human Resources, Order Negotiation and Support, Customer Order Engineering, Business Systems, Technical Services, and Product Manufacturing & Assembly.
The plant manager must embrace corporate, group, and division processes including but not limited to Eaton Business System (EBS), Management of Environment Safety and Health (MESH), Eaton Quality System (EQS), Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP), and Achieving Performance Excellence (APEX). The plant manager will leverage resources to maintain and grow a high performing, engaging salary workforce. This person will also provide leadership to all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements, and drive performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals.
- Drive toward world class achievement in high 5 metrics.
- Work closely with the field sales organization and partner with the product line manager in developing sales strategies, supporting customer cultivation plans and establishing effective communication channels to develop, implement and review tactical sales plans to meet annual sales volumes and operating profit objectives.
- Coordinate, direct and provide leadership to the Omaha plant including front end sales/quotations, customer service, customer order engineering/design, manufacturing, asset utilization, capital investment, logistics, inventory control, facilities control, building lay-out and construction, maintenance, manufacturing projects and studies, cost control, manpower utilization, work standards and administration.
- Execute Operations Assessment (OpA) and Eaton Business System.
- Manage plant budget and establish annual profit plan objectives for the business.
- Set short & long-term business plans and establish a comprehensive strategic direction utilizing market research and competitive analysis information.
- Execute the operational elements of New Product Introduction and PROLaunch.
- Monitor product line financial and market performance, implement responsive tactical and strategic changes as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and exceed business initiatives to drive growth and profitability in a fast-growing business.
- Establish and implement effective strategies; measure effectiveness, display strong business and financial acumen; understand all product market segments and how they interact to influence performance of the business.
- Practice excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with employees at all levels.
- Minimum 6 years of manufacturing leadership experience is required
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading people.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Experience with execution of manufacturing business system
- Electrical industry experience.
- Prior engineer to order experience
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This person will be in Eaton’s Omaha, NE location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time