Eaton’s Aerospace Group - Fluid Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Marketing Product Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Torrance, CA facility.
The Marketing Product Manager is responsible for managing families of product lines within the Interconnect Power Systems (IPC) business. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of the strategic marketing and budget strategy for the product line, in order to hit sales and revenue targets. The Product Manager is also responsible for the development and recommendation, implementation and completion of product development projects, customer training, sales force training, and market programs to obtain acceptable growth in incoming orders and insure continued growth and profitability of assigned product families.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide overall direction for the product line, under limited guidance and supervisor
- Be responsible for planning and forecasting of bookings and revenue in support of Eaton EBS business cycle for product lines across the IPC group
- Initiate and/or approve PROLaunch projects, prioritize and support project deck, working in conjunction with program managers and R&D team
- Develop and maintain current year profit plan and strategic forecast to ensure committed revenue growth and margin performance at the portfolio level
- Drive the execution of the strategic plan for the product(s), measure and report out on product forecast, activities and progress and review sales and price performance by product
- Approve pricing policies for assigned product lines and provide marketing/sales input for new product development, upgrades or launches
- Maintain relationships with key OEMs and distributors
- Lead customized product opportunities with engineering, manufacturing, and sales
- Develop a lifecycle planning process to effectively introduce, transition and retire products
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum five (5) years in strategic marketing, technical marketing, sales or operations experience in the electric, electro-mechanical or electrical equipment field
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Torrance, CA location.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of different organizational levels
- Strong technical aptitude
- Prior experience in developing product roadmaps, positioning strategy, price management, value proposition development and launching new products
- Experience working with engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, finance and multiple sales channels
- Must be experienced in facilitating customer meetings and delivering presentations
- Experience with product introduction and positioning for OEM product applications
- Ability to travel up to 25%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time