- Maintain expert level of Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) product knowledge and its application.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Provide design and specification development support to manufacturer’s representative, end users, consultants, integrators, and distributors.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs for all UPS product portfolio.
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Perform technical/ product training for sales people, end users, and engineers at targeted accounts.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases.
- Travel to project sites to provide technical support as required.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships within target accounts.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify customers’ needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the electrical industry in the power distribution field
- Must be able to work in Canada without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 80 km radius of Toronto will be considered.
- Previous UPS sales experience would be an asset
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Ability to read architectural and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of electrical systems
- Strong communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good problem-solving skills with spreadsheets, databases, word processing and web pages
- Available to travel up to 10%.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time