This position is responsible for set-up and operation two CNC mills (Doosans). They will produce and check quality of finished parts. The CNC Operator has full understanding of technical drawings, revisions and note codes; uses QC information. The operate machines, and any other calibration equipment such as calipers, Allen wrench, and air gun or any other equipment necessary to perform job functions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Transfer programs from machine to machine, and upload to DNC.
Adjust programs feed and speed to increase efficiency.
Perform basic lines modifications in programs.
Be capable of operating all machines with different controls in two or more cells.
Be able to identify and use tooling associated with specific machines.
Understand G-S-M-I and K codes.
Take a pro-active role in preventative maintenance of the machines in your cell.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent from accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment OR completion of a machinist/CNC degree/certification.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Minimum of three (3) year manufacturing experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of CNC experience
Ability to use the computer
- Read and understand specifications, engineering drawings and manufacturing routings
- Capacity to train new and temporary employees on processes, as well as participate in continuous improvement of processes.
- Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat
- Will need to wear safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed shoes for entire shift
- Ability to stand, sit, move 8-12 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis#LI-PM1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No