The Project Controller role is responsible for managing Eaton’s high value project orders with key aspects of the role being: order entry, supplier & service provider co-ordination, inbound & outbound freight management & stock-level management, customer invoicing and maintenance of accurate financial & project planning records.
The individual will be expected to liaise with customers, internal production facilities/stakeholders & leadership to support in time project delivery.
The sucessful candidate must be able to communicate with customers and suppliers of all levels from functional contributors to business leaders
• To be able to co-ordinate and manage complex issues with multiple suppliers, partners and stakeholders
• Able to occasionally work in other Eaton locations (Birmingham/Doncaster/Manchester) and attend off site meetings as required, with associated overnight stays
• Following Project Team processes and procedures, including:
*Maintaining a complete and accurate project documentation record to support accurate planning & financials
*Writing and submitting payment applications in line with contract conditions and delivery schedules
*Writing and submitting invoices in line with contract conditions and delivery schedules
*Initiating, recording and managing payment schedules, accruals and deferrals
*Raising Project job orders on ERP in line with contract conditions and delivery schedules
*Ensure that any and all potential risks/exposures are escalated immediately
*Recording, tracking and invoicing all retention items
• Total responsibility for allocated Projects, including: communicating effectively with stakeholders at all levels; confirming scope; raising orders on suppliers; devising and publishing plans; initiating surveys; initiating RAMS productions; publishing RAMS to clients; instructing sub-contractors and Eaton staff; scheduling and arranging deliveries; arranging load tests and recommissioning; writing and submitting invoices and reports.
• Working closely with Eaton & 3rd party service teams to forecast, co-ordinate & manage installation, commissioning & all other required service activities.
• Reviewing and suggesting improvements to Project processes
• Working on process improvements across the UK Commercial Operations Team, from root cause analysis to change implementation
Minimum 5 GCSE, Grade C or above (or equivilent)
Previous experience in an Financial / Commercial Adminstration role would be desirable. 5+ years experience required. Electrical industry experience desirable but not required.
IT literate; Microsoft Office, including Excel at an intermediate level, SAP and Microsoft Project
Good communicator, practical problem solver, able to work independantly and as part of a team, able to plan, organise and prioritise
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time