Eaton’s ESSG CA division is currently seeking a Territory Sales Representative to join our team. This position is based in Calgary or Edmonton, Alberta.
The primary function of the Territory Sales Representative is to sell Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) and other Power Quality products and services to customers in Alberta. This position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales representative for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will need to coordinate sales for the assigned customer and distributor base. It has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, end-users, contractors and consultants.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• Provide sales and technical assistance for distributors, contractors, end users and consultant personnel.
• Work with our existing Agent Representative and other Eaton Divisions in Alberta for synergies on the day to day work flow and sales opportunities.
• Support distributor inventories and inventory turns by recommending specific products and levels to be stocked and provide necessary reports and surveys requested in a timely manner.
• Engage in regular communication with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problem resolution.
• Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits.
• Review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications, as well as technical support.
• Provide timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution.
• Provide full awareness of and responsiveness to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions.
• Plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals.
• Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• College diploma or University degree in Engineering, Business, or technical-related discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of combined experience in sales, marketing and/or customer support.
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
• Please note that relocation is not included with this position - only candidates within the immediate geographic area (currently residing within 80 km Calgary or Edmonton, Alberta) will be considered.
• Professional Engineer or
• Experience working in either electrical or data center markets
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time