Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Glendale Heights, IL (Chicago) has an immediate opening for a Outside Sales Engineer.
The primary function of the Outside Sales Engineer is to sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in targeted market areas. This position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will need to coordinate sales for the assigned customer and distributor base. It has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers.
Accurately and timely planning and specification interpretation, quotation, and technical support
Communicate with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problem resolution
Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
Review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications
Provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution
Be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions
Plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals;
Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) years of experience in sales and/or marketing
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum one (1) year of experience within the electrical industry
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of key customers within sales territories
- Time management, presentation, and planning skills
- Commands knowledge of Eaton Electrical product and service capabilities and can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight
- Possesses an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships
- Skilled in Bidmanager and Vista
- Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time