Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Marketing and Commercial Operations Division is currently seeking a Field Project Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Littleton, CO. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary function of a Field Project Engineer is to support the PMO Mission through mitigating risk, creating demand and improving productivity. This position supports the Project Manager through technical ownership of the order and creates a positive customer experience through a proactive approach to project support and issue resolution. This position leverages centralized resources to manage documentation and resolve issues and builds relationships across customers and Eaton facilities to deliver a successful project. This Field Project Engineer works independently on daily tasks, taking direction from local Project Managers and reporting into the PMO Engineering Manager.
The Field Project Engineer supports Project Managers by managing technical information on Project Managed orders including contract drawings, specifications, manufacturing documents, and warranty support; creating a positive customer experience through a proactive approach to project support and issue resolution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Review project specifications and contracts
- Review order specifics prior to entry insuring technical accuracy
- Manage technical changes to the bill of material
- Coordinate and interpret plant drawings
- Leverage centralized resources for the creation of submittal packages
- Close-out warranty issues
- Review operations and maintenance materials
- Ensure that accurate information flows to and from the customer in a timely manner.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in an applicable field
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now or within the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or another technical field
- Electrical industry expertise and product knowledge with focus on one of more of the following customer bases: commercial construction, water/waste water, and/or industrial construction.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time