Eaton’s Power Distribution Control Assembly Division is currently seeking a Lead Engineering Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
The Lead Engineering Technician (Electrical) is responsible for utilizing CAD technology to make original layouts or drawings involving new or existing standard apparatus and/or process more complex customer orders, interpreting and working from design specifications, oral instruction or sketched concepts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Using Computer Aided Design (CAD) develop schematics, wiring diagrams, motions, clearances and other involved features of an apparatus or customer equipment design. Calculate fits, tolerances, strengths, weights electrical, circuit parameters and similar items. Fabricate more complex (model) prototypes; set up more complex laboratory tests or experiments requiring some ingenuity
- Anticipate manufacturing and/or customer requirement and problems and develop design solutions.
- Coordinate the drafting work and be responsible for all drawings pertinent to design of customer order project. Consult with engineers or higher classified personnel on problems relating to a design or customer order project. Consult with other departments as required to obtain or provide information. Gather, review and interpret data for presentation to engineers or managers.
- Checks work to assure conformance with quality standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associates Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Arden, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associates degree in electronics or electrical engineering technology or a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution preferred.
- An understanding of math, physics, chemistry, and electrical theory
- Hands on manufacturing experience
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Knowledge of CAD and basic drafting principles.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills to resolve customer and manufacturing problems in data gathering in order to provide solutions.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time