Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking an Assembly Test Technician to join our team. This is a 2nd Shift position, and is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assemble and build all non-Marine & Defense sub-assemblies, rotating group, pumps, and motors having close tolerances and critical operating requirements where fitting, alignment, and adjustment are precise.
- Complete all required quality and customer information on reports and documents.
- Troubleshoot and repair to full operational status, all REO and failed test stand pumps and motors.
- Set up and/or operates all assembly department test stands without assistance and maintains appropriate requirements. In cases where automated test stands are present, operator may be responsible for the operation of two stands.
- Read and interpret test procedures to determine if the unit meets all applicable quality and standards requirements. Read gauges as required by the test procedures and transfers applicable/required data to defined quality reports and documents.
- Interpret hydraulic schematics, pressure gauges, strip recorders and test stand "x-y" plots. Must be able to read and interpret assembly and component prints and component maintenance manuals as may be required.
- Read and complete inspection ledger, inspection check sheet, operation sheet, move ticket and discrepancy report (DR) and other paperwork as necessary to comply with Quality Systems.
- Perform minor sanding, lapping, deburr or repair work as required in the course of performing the primary duties of the classification.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required
- One of the following is required:
- Associates degree in a technical field (e.g., Machining Technology, Mechanics, Industrial Technology, Maintenance) from an accredited institution
- A minimum of two (2) years prior work experience in an industrial or military environment performing assembling, testing, machining, or mechanical work
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Jackson, MS will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Certification in Hydraulic Mechanics or related field from an accredited college or vocational school
- Prior work experience with hydraulic systems in an aviation or military setting
- Understanding of and ability to manipulate mechanical systems
- Experience in tool making
- Familiarity with various types of test equipment used to test hydraulic systems and components
- A&P Mechanic certification
Position Success Criteria:
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships in a diverse environment
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Proficient writing skills and ability to comprehend detailed written instructions
- High degree of manual dexterity required for complex assembly
- Good mechanical aptitude and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to read blue prints and operate precision measuring equipment
- Prior experience using computers
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No