Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Euclid, OH facility.
The Euclid facility has approximately 400 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of aerospace main engine fuel pumps and components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
The Quality Engineer will provide auditing support of Fuel & Motion Controls Division-Euclid’s Quality System and Certified Operator program to ensure compliance.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform audits to monitor and maintain the Certified Operator / Inspector program.
- Maintain documentation regarding the Certified Operator / Inspector program.
- Provide documented on-the-job training to Certified Operators / inspectors, when required.
- Perform audits to ensure system compliance to AS9100, EQS, and other quality requirements.
- Perform other Quality department tasks as required; such as product investigations, EQS support activities, stamp control, etc.
- Support Preliminary MRB disposition and NCR review
- Support casting related functions – interpret FPI (fluorescent penetrant inspection) activities.
- Support continuous improvement activities; including Lean initiatives
- Support scrap reduction initiatives
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
Minimum one (1) year of experience working in a Quality function.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited school
Three (3) years of experience in a quality position in a precision manufacturing environment
- Trained in AS9100 quality system auditing
- Working knowledge in aerospace quality processes
Working Knowledge of drawings and specifications interpretation
Working knowledge in functional measuring equipment usage
- Detailed knowledge of aerospace product, manufacturing processes and inspection techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of the latest ANSI Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) specifications per ASME Y14.5M.
- Knowledge of machining, assembly & test operations, gauging, SPC, and APQP.
- Experienced knowledge of AS9100 Quality System and product/process auditing techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of AS9102 First Article and AS9103 Key Characteristic requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of problem-solving techniques - Root Cause Analysis, 8D Corrective Action Process, and FMEA.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft computer applications.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time