Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems Division is seeking a Customer Training Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Houston or Grapevine, Texas location.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems division offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
In this role, the Customer Training Specialist will be responsible for providing technical knowledge of the commissioning and maintenance of electrical power distribution system components including power circuit breaker assemblies, motor control centers, unit-substation and power transformers, protective relays, and motors. In addition, you will be expected to have technical knowledge of applications with switchgear, transformers and motors in electrical power systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Have technical knowledge of safe-work practices as described in National Fire Protection Association Standard 70E and OSHA 29CFR1910 Subpart R and Subpart S.
- Be a member of the Power Systems Training Team will support and coordinate training events.
- Create, maintain and update lesson plans and classroom-reference materials.
- Work closely with product-line managers and factory reliability engineers to develop the curricula for new training programs.
- Assist Service Sales Engineers in investigating and implementing opportunities for the training of customers.
- Be responsible for preparing and conducting training events including, but not limited to, communicating the set-up, scheduling, travel, equipment and material needs to the training coordinator.
- Be responsible for student evaluations, course evaluations, tracking course cost, actively seeking cost savings and opportunities for course improvements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of (5) years of experience working with industrial and/or commercial power systems equipment.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of the work location(s) listed on this posting. No relocation is being offered for this role. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Education from an accredited institution.
- Instructor/training experience.
Position Success Criteria:
- Maintain the ability to lift, move and set up demonstration equipment of various weight up to 40 pounds and move demonstration equipment on wheels weighing in excess of 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of classroom presentation skills, technical writing skill, and an understanding of adult learning styles.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time