If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer – RMS based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Responsible for independently delivering RMS work packages for specific business product line related products development programs without impacting project schedules. Responsible to pursue & leverage RMS sign-off process on business flagship deck projects.
- Responsible to influence the design and bring in novel ideas to not only mitigate reliability/safety risks but also aid to optimize the product performance.
- Responsible for planning & conducting reliability life testing and leveraging Eaton internal test labs and external agencies as appropriate along with industry certification related testing using related standards.
- Responsible to build & sustain actuarial model library of business product line systems & components.
- Drives initiatives to deploy the risk mitigation within the organization including deploying the problem-solving methods in the new product development and/or existing product improvements in the cross functional team
- Create and/or revise Reliability deliverables as applicable such as Reliability Goal Setting, Allocation, Prediction, Reliability Demonstration Test (RDT), System Safety Analysis (PSSA/SSA), Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA, FMECA), Maintainability Analysis for NPIs and/or existing product improvements.
- Utilize Test Lab Infrastructure, AgileStarts™ & DFSS concepts/tools such as DOE, Hypothesis testing, DFR scorecard for risk assessment as applicable
- Work with cross functional team as well as global reliability engineering team for designing in reliability on NPD programs modifications & warranty reduction programs. Thus, responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating reliability and safety risks.
- Planning project milestones, executing milestones and hours, conducting deliverables reviews, communication with stakeholder and on-job development through technical mentoring
- Master’s with 3+ experience in RAMS or Fresher PhD.
- Proficiency in DfR process like reliability modeling, goal setting, allocation, prediction, demonstration (life data analysis, growth plots & ALT)
- Proficiency in RMS standards such as IEC 62380, MIL-HDBK-217F, NPRD-95, FMD-97, SAE ARP 4761, SAE ARP 4754, FAR 25.981.
- Experience with any industry proven reliability analysis suite of tools, Sherlock & Reliasoft preferred.
- Knowledge in FRACAS and reducing field/warranty data into relevant life and failure rate information.
- Preferred: Relevant work experience in the field of Aerospace/Vehicle/Electronics/Electrical systems.
- Preferred: DFSS GB certified from reputed organization and ASQ – CRE.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time