Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Electrical Project Manager to join our team. This position will be based in either: Wilsonville, The Dalles, or Hood River, Oregon.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of filed services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization. The responsibilities of this position include overseeing day-to-day operations of the office, including field service manpower, engineering and sales support for the operation. Requiring minimal supervision, the Project Manager will provide electrical project support for long-term field service construction and maintenance projects. This position is to provide engineering and management support to teams of Field Service Representatives and Contractors. The Project Manager will assist the District Manager and Coordinators in developing short term business financial forecasts, developing and implementing the annual profit plan, and developing cost estimates for proposals and writing negotiations.
The Project Manager (PM) regularly works with and provides technical support for Field Service Representatives and Operations Coordinators as they execute jobs. The purpose of this position is to provide electrical project support for long-term field service construction and maintenance projects. This position is to provide engineering and management support to teams of Field Service Representatives and Contractors. In this role, you are responsible for the overall management and execution of large field service projects. The PM is charged with supporting the sales force during the front-end sales process to ensure a seamless transition from quote into execution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention
and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright
professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us
- Continuously improve personal, technical and professional business skills enabling incumbent to service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- Become computer efficient using laptops provided and mastering all required software.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, support Sales with initial and follow-up quotations for customers, interface and coordinate with other plants and business units within the company and outside vendors to procure parts and services for the district. Provide customers basic applications information via phone or on-site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction. Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
- Proven customer service, sales ability, and ability to handle irate or difficult customers and gain satisfaction.
- Demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with minimum 5 years of project management or engineering experience OR Associates degree in civil, structural, mechanical or electrical engineering from an accredited institution with minimum 10 years of Project Management experience OR minimum 15 years of project management experience.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Wilsonville, The Dalles or Hood River, Oregon to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Professional Engineer qualification
- Working knowledge of NERC/FERC, NESC, NEC, ANSI, NETA
- Experience with Microsoft Project or equivalent software
- PMP certified
- Candidate requires minimal supervision to manage project schedule and backlog
- Candidate must demonstrate strong organizational, project, time and task management skills, with use of personal computers and software systems to manage and track numerous priorities.
- Knowledge, understanding, and execution of long-term installation and service projects
- Estimating and sales support
- Contract and subcontract knowledge and experience
- Ability to implement project financial controls
- Responsibility for project profit, loss, and forecast
- Knowledge and skills to manage project scope changes
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules and improve subcontractor inefficiencies
- Ability to manage subcontractor budgets
- Ability to manage safe work environment and program which includes but not limited to job site safety analysis, rigging plans, environmental risk planning, job audits, confined space programs and lock and tag procedures.
- Ability to create and maintain project QA/QC process
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve complaints.
- Demonstrates financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strength in leadership and coaching/mentoring of both field and office personnel.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time