Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Product Sales Manager to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Product Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day tactical direction of the switchgear product line sales team. Lead a team of product specialists responsible for preparing proposals and working closely with outside sales to manage negotiations with customers to achieve profit plan orders, sales, margin, share, penetration, and price realization goals. Lead a team of switchgear support technicians responsible for technical product and field support. Coordinate terms and conditions negotiations and level of authority approvals with Eaton contracts analysts and upper management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Represent the product line in customer presentations, and marketing/objectives/financial presentations and represent and protect the product line in decisions concerning business policy concessions and compromises.
- Lead the price objective achievement for the product line by developing price strategies to meet profit plan needs. Develops the segment and channel price band for annual profit planning purposes.
- Interact directly with field sales to execute on orders annual plan and monthly forecasts.
- Lead demand forecast into monthly and longer-term sales/production planning process.
- Advise management, engineering, and product development on market changes in customer requirements of service, product features, industry standards, and competitive product offerings
- Provide input to strategic planning, road-mapping, and profit planning processes.
- Provide training for sales specialists in the fundamental tasks of their present position. Offers additional training that allows expansion of specialists’ responsibility and provides foundation for career advancement
- Guide and motivate the sales specialists to secure profitable orders in the targeted segments and advise sales specialists in decision-making process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, management, sales/marketing from an accredited institution.
- Minimum five (5) years of marketing or sales experience in the electrical industry.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution.
- MBA from an accredited institution.
- Experience with overhead and/or underground switchgear applications and grid protection.
- Experience with electric utility and Commercial & Industrial customers and channels.
- Experience working with international customers and sales channels.
- Minimum one (1) year experience of management of people.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time