- Innovate complex electrical systems for ambient lighting fixtures.
- Design electrical circuits, board layouts and systems for various power related products
- Solve complex technical issues and provide overall technical leadership
- Actively coordinate the electrical design with the embedded and system design throughout the product development cycle.
- Influence the technical strategy for current and future product releases.
- Work in conjunction with Program Manager to create the overall project timeline from input of each functional team member as well as define deliverables and drive team to completion.
- Coordinate with Marketing to ensure project specifications are clear, complete, and achievable and are consistent with Voice of the Customer data.
- Coordinate new product pre-reliability and post-reliability tests and conducting failure analysis reports for each; ensuring cooperation with FCC, CEC
- Coordinate with manufacturing personnel to ensure production site has been identified, production equipment and other requirements are being put in place and production readiness is achieved.
- Conduct design reviews as well as the Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA) sessions to identify project risks and develop response plans
- In conjunction with other team members, present the project status at Executive Tollgate Sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of power electronics circuit design experience
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Peachtree City or Atlanta, GA, will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with understanding of electric and electronic circuits as they apply to power electronics and controls
- Expertise and demonstrated proficiency in power electronics; hands-on experience in modifying circuit boards, including soldering and CAD work
- Experience with and proven knowledge of UL testing and listing for electronic components, FCC testing
- 3+ years of product design experience with lighting fixtures
- Working knowledge of LED product design including understanding of electrical parameters and thermal behaviors; working knowledge of battery circuit design for electrical applications.
- Basic understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Knowledge of third party certification standards
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Skilled in writing specification and end-use documentation
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time