Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As the Global Category Manager-IT you would play a key strategic role in determining the direct and management of your category spend for all regions. Your strategies would ensure an uninterrupted and timely supply at the optimum cost and quality that satisfies stakeholder requirements and company goals that ensures that your category is contributing competitive advantage to Eaton and that you are perceived as trusted advisor to the your business stakeholders.
As the Global Category Manager-IT you will :
•Develop regional strategy for assigned categories, in support of global strategies and in alignment with regional business requirements.
•Build and maintain internal relationship with regional stakeholders at all levels to clearly understand and influence requirements for assigned categories.
•Lead the supplier market analysis and ensure supplier qualification for RFQs.
•Establish and lead regional cross-functional and cross-business supplier selection teams.
•Lead supplier selection process and supplier negotiation to achieve the most competitive proposal in terms of pricing, service level, quality standard, process delivery for world class solutions.
•Develop and finalize supply agreement and service level agreements in accordance with business, financial, legal and regulatory requirements.
•Manage Eaton supplier’s relationship for assigned categories across North America and create long term supplier relationships to ensure deployment programs within cost, time, & quality requirements.
•Build performance-based supplier relationship leading to continuous and sustainable cost reductions, quality improvements, process improvements and on time delivery performance.
•Lead and conduct supplier performance reviews on agreed KPI’s and develop continuous improvement initiative and actions.
•Lead the Cost Out and Saving performance for assigned categories across North America identifying initiatives and directly managing Cost Out projects to fully maximize benefits.
•Engage the Suppliers Base within assigned categories to drive innovative solutions, leading to Continuous improvement or Added Value differentiators in our internal processes or service delivery.
•Participate in Global Commodity teams, leveraging their initiatives, ensuring adequate regional input as well as securing regional benefits from global strategies.
Do you have?
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in Supply Chain or Operations
• Deep knowledge of the various IT & Telecoms categories
• Strong data analytical skills
• Excellent SCM sourcing and supplier management process and deployment knowledge
• Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to influence a large and diverse group of stakeholders including Senior Management, Operations, Finance and Supply Chain Management personnel.
• Strong negotiation skills, knowledge and experience
• Expertise in negotiating/interpreting legal terms and conditions
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities
• Managerial courage and willingness to challenge the ‘status quo’ as appropriate
• Presentation skills essential both oral and written
• Degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration from an accredited institution.
• Professional Supply Chain related certification (e.g. CPM, CPIM)
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time