Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?Whether it is planes, hospitals, factories, data centres, vehicles or even the electrical grid, our products and solutions are there to make it work and you will too!
As a Senior Data Scientist you will be directly involved in the application of machine learning, statistics, and analytic approaches to answer challenging business questions. This work will help businesses across the enterprise solve critical business problems, uncover new business opportunities, and turn their large volumes of data into valuable, actionable insights. You will be part of a global world class innovation team and will interact with many different business units in EMEA.
We’re now actively recruiting Data Scientists at all levels for the start date 2019/2020.
Your key deliverables:
- Derive, interpret and effectively deliver the results of data analysis
- Understand traditional and new data analysis methods
- Utilize a broad range of techniques in machine learning, data mining, statistics, and big data interrogation methods
- Work directly with business stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions that solve end-user problems
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions
- Assist other engineering teams with their data science initiatives
Do you have? :
- At least Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering or physics. PhD is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in developing and designing technology solutions
- Practical applications or machine learning or statistics to diagnostics, prognostics, pattern detection, data mining, etc.
- Familiarity with Python, R, and/or other programming languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to quickly learn new domains
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Full time contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time