Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Reporting to the Plant Manager, in this role You will be supporting the Management team and drive Operational Excellence (OPEX) in the Eindhoven facility, in the areas of Quality Assurance (QA), Health & Safety (HSE), and Continuous Improvement (CI).
Eaton has well-defined Management systems and tools for these specific domains. The OPEX supervisor is responsible to coordinate the further deployment and integration to drive improvements in the three areas.
Your key deliverables:
- Coordinate the deployment of ISO9001 and EQS (Eaton Quality System)
- Lead the Quality/CI Council and regular non-conformity meeting shop floor
- Represent the Plant for ISO9001, Quality Assurance and manage the interfaces with the public and governmental authorities, certification companies and customers
- Analyze non conformity data and present results and suggested actions
- Coordinate the 8D of all claims & provide analysis to ensure that all customer issues are resolved quickly and efficiently and preventive measures are put in place
- Conduct quality audits (production/suppliers) and FMEA analysis; present findings
- Evaluate competency level staff and coordinate QA/EQS training program, provide training during toolbox or monthly all employee meetings
- Drive Quality Leading Indicators to track performance versus plan
- Coordinate the deployment of MESH (Management of Environment, Safety, Security and Health) and lead the internal HSE meetings
- Prepare the annual Management Review and propose the appropriate leading and lagging indicators, targets and projects
- Conduct the risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects, coordinate incident investigations and propose appropriate actions
- Perform Gemba Walks and audit to follow up deployment and identify opportunities for improvement
- Advise the Management timely on regulatory changes and ensure compliance
- Report EHS data accurately and timely in MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information
- Evaluate competency level staff and coordinates HSE training program and provide training during toolbox or monthly all employee meetings to drive Zero Accident culture
- Coordinate the deployment of ELSS (Eaton lean Six Sigma) and other CI activities, present status/actions during the CI- Council
- Lead Kaizen events to drive continuous improvement and improve plant’s indicators, productivity and efficiency
- Champion several of the Lean categories, directly responsible for the deployment and improvement actions for these elements
- Evaluate competency level staff and coordinates ELSS training program and provide training during toolbox or monthly all employee meetings to drive CI culture
- Drive CI Leading Indicators to track performance versus plan
- Monitor and report out cost out savings related to CI events
(2-3 days a month Your presence is required in our Wehrheim/Germany site, for CI deliverables listed above only)
- Educated at Bachelor degree?
- Coming with at least 3 years’ working experience in Quality Assurance/control in a Manufacturing environment?
- Familiar with ISO9001/14001 standards and a qualified auditor?
- Highly knowledgeable in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint?
- Having strong communication skills, with ability to work with people at multiple levels?
- Possessing strong problem solving abilities?
- Fluent in English?
- Familiar with VISIO or other project management software?
- Certified Safety Professional or prepared to follow appropriate training program?
- Knowledgeable of Lean Tools, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Management 5S, and Lean Material Flow?
- Six Sigma green/black belt or prepared to follow a certification program?
- Ready to travel 2, 3 days a months to our Wehrheim/Germany site?
- Medium level in German language?
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with on-going learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No