If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a(n) Senior Application Engineer in Eaton’s Vehicle business, based in Shanghai, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Serve as the strong voice of the customer within the organization, as well as a day-to-day spokesman for the company with the customer’s engineers
· Work with existing and potential customers to clearly define their engineering expectations, and forcefully communicate these through the organization to achieve customer satisfaction
· Perform and manage application engineering and product development on assigned project
· Hybrid and Electrical Vehicle Transmission (EV) on truck and bus chassis that meet vehicle performance and reliability objectives.
· Cooperating with Mechanical /Electrical and system engineer for interface with OEM
· Cooperating with System engineers to ensure delivering best performance to customer
· Cooperating with service engineers to meet the customer’s satisfaction
· Coordinate with Sales & Market team and other related people to promote Eaton Truck marketing image by providing engineering support.
· This individual will hold a minimum of a 4-years engineering degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics or associated engineering degree.
· The ideal candidate would have over 5 years background-in or strong knowledge of heavy-duty truck, bus or automotive components or powertrain systems.
· Understanding of engineering principles, product architecture, product configuration, product assembly, product specifications
· Strong customer relations management and project management skills with respect to applications engineering
· Good application experience on powertrain, especially transmission and clutch, and electric engine control, hybrid and EV technology is preferred.
· Trouble shooting and customer field problem solving, reliability engineering knowledge
· Strong communication skills with OEM engineering team.
· Knowledge of truck and bus markets, and how end users use the customer’s equipment.
· Experience in developing or modifying products for specific applications, including design, procurement and testing programs
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SZ1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time