Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Quality Technician on 2nd shift to join our team. The position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
In this position the Quality Technician will analyze diverse quality problems to result in solutions, train manufacturing personnel in the use of quality techniques and verify the quality of a variety of parts, products, and processes to effect continuous quality improvements.
This role offers a $1/hr shift differential for being on 2nd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this function you will:
- Solve the day-to-day quality problems to encompass all parts, products and processes to improve quality. Involve the affected departments, coordinate and report solutions.
- Provide guidance to others in establishing quality control techniques for determining, maintaining, and improving the quality of manufacturing operations. Make decisions pertaining to quality and determine responsibility for failure to meet quality standards.
- Set-up and implement quality conformance criteria and control charts and monitor for adherence to standards.
- Assist engineers and supervisors in establishing or changing methods, techniques or materials for existing or new apparatus for the control of quality or improvement. Collaborate with engineers and supervisors on related drawing changes.
- Inspect parts or product as required for manufacturing procedures and processes; document and report results.
- Perform mechanical or electrical tests that are required in the manufacture of the apparatus to determine that quality is being maintained.
- Perform sampling and auditing as required to conform to quality procedures and requirements.
- Chart data gathered from various quality checks to be used in analysis, decisions, and feedback for quality improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience using inspection equipment and methods
- Minimum 1 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in the US without Company sponsorship
- Only candidates in the 50 miles radius of Aurora, CO will be considered. Relocation benefits are not provided for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Familiar with lean tools such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standardized Work, Set up Reduction, Continuous Flow, and Pull.
- Working knowledge of Quality System Audit experience and/or certification
- Experience with SAP
- Lighting or electrical industry experience
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach forward, and stand for up to 12 hours
- Ability to pick up pans, fixtures, lamps, sheet metal, and small wires and parts
- Ability to engage in repetitive motion and tolerate exposure to varying temperatures
- Ability to see fine details and distinguish between colors
- Ability to regularly lift 35 pounds without assistance and occasionally lift more than 35 pounds with assistance
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment as required by company policy and procedure
- Ability to use hand and power tools as needed
- The successful candidate must be able to lead by example and obtain support from production employees
- Working knowledge of measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers and thread gages
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings
- Quality minded and customer oriented
- Demonstrated PC computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) with ability to learn other programs
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends with advanced notice
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment
- Attention to detail and adaptability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
- Ability to perform all job functions in adherence to Eaton’s philosophy and values, policies as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format in English
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No