Eaton’s Power Delivery division is currently seeking a New Product Development Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Pewaukee, WI facility.
The Project Engineer is responsible for creativity and innovation are focused on developing new electrical and electro-mechanical product solutions for application on electrical power systems. This position works directly with a broad set of technologies involving polymers, castings, metal fabrications, metal alloys and circuit interruption. Assignments range in scope from high level system concepts to detailed sub-system development and analysis. This role is a key contributor to cross functional project teams that push concepts through a formal project process. Primary duties include; planning (work breakdown), risk analysis, product design, design analysis, prototyping, verification and reliability test planning and execution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Develop work processes and durations for completing assigned project tasks with the ability to identify critical dependencies and risks.
- Creatively and efficiently solve design challenges by understanding the elements within a design that are critical for success, while eliminating the non-value added elements.
- Develop complex 3D models. Analyze “Digital Prototypes” using CAE tools such as FEA and Dynamic Simulation.
- Learn and master new design tools and processes. Then have the ability teach others within the engineering department.
- Have the ability to translate internal and external customer requirements into measurable performance criteria, as well as, being able to identify and resolve poorly defined or missing requirements.
- Design for Cost/Design for Manufacture Analysis (DFM/DFA) on individual parts and subassemblies with the ability to propose alternate materials and methods of assembly and manufacture.
- Develop component and assembly functional and reliability test plans, and coordinate the execution of the tests using both internal and external lab resources.
- Coordinate and execute component and assembly level design reviews.
- Provide timely, accurate, and pertinent information and reports as required by management.
- Effectively follow instructions to deliver requirements meeting schedule, cost, and quality targets.
- Set aggressive goals, measures performance, and strives to go beyond what is expected.
- Look for ways to improve processes, products and services; appropriately challenges the status quo.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering program from an accredited institution with a graduation date no later than January 2020
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Experience with engineering related projects
- Coursework related to Electrical Power
- Developing skills in Engineering analysis and digital simulation (CAD, FEA, statistical analysis, software applications, electrical/mechanical analysis tools, etc…,).
- Developing product design, DFM/DFA, and manufacturing knowledge.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office software
- Experience using CAE tools (CAD, 3D modeling, simulation)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time