Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) business is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team.
Leading the Human Resources function for Eaton’s Energy Automation Solutions (EAS) business with six primary sites across the United States and Canada. This role will be responsible for establishing solid business partnerships while leading the function to drive performance of the business. Developing and implementing Human Resources strategies, programs, policies and initiatives aligned with short and long-term business objectives. Fostering a culture in the organization that promotes employee engagement and a passion for excellence in all areas of the business.
- Work with leaders to drive change, aligning human resources programs and initiatives with strategic objectives and annual business goals. Drive unified plans with measurable objectives that support business, financial and employee engagement goals.
- Utilize best practice methodologies to enhance organization structure, roles and responsibilities, job redesigns and job descriptions and skills assessments
- Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable processes, sharing best practices across the division.
- Build organizational capability through ownership of talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management, employee development, succession planning and retention.
- Drive positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees. Effectively deploy communication plans and utilize assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to determine organizational issues and action plans. Exemplify and lead Eaton Values, Leadership Attributes and Ethics.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations, performance management, applicable labor laws and facilitation of informal/formal investigations.
- Provide leadership guidance and mentoring. Develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading/coaching others through change.
- Lead a HR supervisor located in Canada, by providing vision and leadership on the HR strategy.
The Energy Automation Solutions business delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability, automation and control, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency and smart operations. The EAS business serves customers in the utility, commercial, industrial, mining, renewable energy and other markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, more than 10,000 patents held globally, and its award-winning solutions in power delivery, power quality, power reliability and end customer automation in the utility space. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years of increasing human resources responsibility supporting a business
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree and/or HR certification
- 3-5 years previous people management; including managing a remote workforce
- Experience with managing change and business integrations
- Experience with sales incentive plans
- Experience with development of HR systems and strategies, leadership and organizational development and compensation strategy.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking capability and business acumen; prior leadership experience as strategic HR business partner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and the ability to influence directly and remotely.
- Excellent facilitation/ coaching skills. Strong employee relations skills with the proven ability to drive change and leadership ownership/accountability.
- Strong leader of people with proven capability to empower, motivate and develop others.
- Strong drive for results and sense of urgency; data and metrics-driven. Strong project management skills with ability to lead a cross-functional business team.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time